Re: Rooks and LaFrentz (was: Is Kedrick Brown the 'real deal' or not?)

> You can complain about Walker and compare him negatively to Bird, Russell,
> and Cousy, but to translate that into "Trade him for Raef LaFrentz"
> requires more than that. LaFrentz blocks a lot of shots and it's been
> argued that the fact that he is undersized for the center position would
be
> less important in the Eastern Conference, where Camby and Antonio Davis
> have succeeded. You could make an argument that a young, Antonio
> Davis-quality center/PF could have similar worth to Antoine. I haven't
seen
> enough of LaFrentz to even begin speculating whether that could be the
case
> though.
>
> Alex

One of the advantages that the others have had (Davis and Camby) is that
they have other teammates who take pride in being a rebounder like Oakley
and Thomas.  Who do we have or have we had in recent memory who does that
dirty deed, other than bits and pieces of Fortson?  Walker is being asked to
be the most versatile player in the league in terms of his production.  To
compare him with Raef is hilarious.

Cecil