dissent

Kestas wrote:

<<Regarding that article about Butch, I was blown away when I read
that Butch was once charged with harassment for calling a radio show with
Jewish host, and expressing anti-Israel sentiments. I mean, I'm sure
the guy was a pest, but can't one call a radio show in this country and
disagree with the host's view anymore?! What is this, Iran?>>

Actually, in Iran one's free to express anti-Israel sentiments to one's
heart's content.

Didn't see the article, Kestas, so I'm curious -- did the article specify
what Butch actually said?  And by "charged with harassment", do you mean
criminally?  Was there a libel suit?  Or did someone just express the view
that Butch was harassing the host?  Just wondering what the rules are --
it's OK to say anything one wants, as long as one doesn't criticize anyone
else for what they say?

Michael Gooen
http://personals.yahoo.com