WTF!?!

Regardless of whatever GM strategy one might endorse, poor coaching will
doom it.

On that note I ask what was O'B thinking matching up his most indispensable
offensive player on the most difficult defensive assignment last night?!?

>>The Hornets took away Paul Pierce, who went 2-for-8 from the floor for the
night (six points) in 19 minutes before fouling out. He opened the game
guarding Charlotte point guard Baron Davis and was in trouble from the
start.<<

And why hasn't O'B diversified the offense yet? At the very least he could
vary how and when Pierce and Walker get the ball.

>>``Paul got some quick fouls and was never able to get into a rhythm,''
said O'Brien of Pierce, who has made 5-of-21 shots in the last two games -
both losses. ``He didn't get enough touches because, frankly, we're not
moving the defense.'' Teams are taking advantage of the new rules to
double-team Pierce earlier, and the Celtics haven't moved the ball well.
According to O'Brien, the entire problem can be alleviated by playing better
defense, rebounding (the Hornets had 19 second chances last night) and
getting fast breaks.<<
http://www.bostonherald.com/sport/basketball/cnots10172001.htm

I think the problem stems not only from a lack of D but from an
unimaginative and stagnant O. I've got to admit I think the whole Antoine at
point forward thing is a bust. If we are going to keep a PG on the floor for
defense then let the PG initiate the offense too. If Anderson is in the best
shape of is career and has averaged well over 5apg in the past one would
assume he could manage to do so know IF the offense were structured to
permit it. At least he could run some pick and roles.

I know it is still preseason but . . . I'm starting to get that same sinking
feeling regarding our offense that I got when Pitino kept telling us that
Fortson wasn't playing after his rehab because he needed to 'adjust'.