> As far as "big-man-it is" look back at NBA history. Look at the best teams
> in the league now. It's a big man's league. If your only example is Michael
> Jordan over Sam Bowie, that's pretty thin. Houston took Hakeem first in that
> draft, and no one criticizes that pick-even though they passed on one of the
> five greatest players in history. I'm not saying Diop will be better than
> Joe Johnson, but if both Diop and Johnson reach their potential, who has the
> greater impact? Diop, hands down. Look at it this way, as good as Pierce is,
> do you think the Cavs are a playoff team if you add him to their roster?
> Probably not. But they're in the mix with a healthy Zydrunas Ilgauskas.
> That's how important a good center is. Their impact dwarfs that of other
> players on the floor. It's not easy to find a good one, but when you do,
> everything else is easier.

My evidence is pretty thin?
You have got to be kidding. Even a casual fan of the NBA is well aware of this
problem... I guess you got it so bad, you don't even notice.

Mosio over Alexander..
How bout the Candi man? A classic case.

Potapenko over Kobe Bryant..hehe.
Eric Montross?...over Jalen Rose?
I mean who did more in college? <g>

GM's looking to draft "muscle" or "size" continually create a steady stream of
busts. This year will be no different.

On the other hand inexplicable sure thing incredibly talented players are
passed
over, just because they aren't seven feet. PP ring a bell?

<<<The NBA landscape is littered
with teams with good perimeter players who never won a thing. Even Jordan
needed Horace Grant and later Dennis Rodman. The Celtics can collect all the
swingmen in the world, but they're going nowhere with what has to be
considered the weakest frontcourt in the NBA.>>>

Sure sure you need a few NBA quality big men on your roster..
But you don't need an ultra-talented one to win in the NBA. The Bucks did
pretty well without one, so did the Bulls..

BTW Dennis Rodman is hardly big. <g>
Guy is no bigger then Joe Johnson.

Anyway when your a sorry team like the Celts were, you don't get
bent out of shape trying to trade up for mediocre big man. Get some talented
players then you can add the Horace Grant mediocre big man..

Red says the Celts need a Burly power forward center type..
But you don't need to trade your future to get one.

Pete