Re: Duncan

on 10/16/01 6:13 PM, bird at birdwl@earthlink.net wrote:

> From: JB <JBMetzEA@AOL.com>
>
>   All I can say is; "don't squeeze the Sharman, " Joe. LOL. On the other
> hand, Bird's penchant for warm weather cities, not withstanding, there are
> two other things that will impact on Duncan's destination.
>   1. A team that, with his addition, has a chance to take a title.
>   2. A team that can afford him, under the cap and has significant talent,
> for a sign and trade. (presuming, he doesn't want to completely screw San
> Antonio and will let them get back whatever talent for him, that they can)
       ***********
It is, of course, not my penchant for warm weather cities (I live in
Portland, Ore -- I laugh at "warm weather" and "Portland" in the same
breath) but Duncan's.  He grew up in the Virgin Islands, mon.  He's going
somewhere warm, and that has title hopes and that (of course) can afford
him, via sign and trade, or one that's under the cap enough at the time
(who knows?).  He's certainly not going to a team that can't afford him,
right?  I mean, by definition.  In actuality, the warm weather thing is
just an educated guess, but it's got just as much credibility as any
prognostication proferred on this list.

(The Celtic "Tird",
 Celticus "tirdius")
       ************
   Yeah, I sure mangled that sentence, didn't I?  I was so busy correcting
Joe's spelling on Sharman's name, I didn't proof read my own. I meant to say
Duncan's penchant ........
It is a pretty good guess, that he will wind up in Orlando, with his
favorite coach Doc Rivers, and the almost warm weather (it's not South
Fla.).  Orlando has those 8, 1st round draft picks stockpiled. If I
remember, it was a slew of picks that got Shaq away from them.
   Your from Portland, eh? I guess you are not the Bill Bird that's is a
regular on the "Big Show."

                   JB

Unchain My Heart!