Re: the third game

My comments on the last two games:

I loved the substitution pattern and the way the Celts played against Dallas.
Continuing this pattern would allow us to develop our rookies and still be in
a position to win. We always play poor against the power teams such as the
Spurs. We don't have a power game to match so either Pierce or Walker have to
be hot for us or we have to run to stay with them. Neither guy shot well and
nobody really ran that much so that was that. Another bad thing was that old
friend and Walker's tormentor, Mike Mathis was assigned to the game. I
believe we have only won 1 game out of the last 10 that he has officiated for
us. Walker got frustrated with Duncan's defense and Mathis isn't sympathic. I
would like to say the the refs allowed the Spurs to go over the Celts back to
tip away rebounds the whole game. I don't know if the Celts didn't realise it
and start doing it themselves or what but that didn't help.

Individual comments:

VP had hurt his hand and think he was only in there for conditioning. He
couldn't make his little jumpers around the basket and if he can't do that,
he is practically worthless. He seems to be carrying a little extra weight
and seems to have a little butt going on....

Blount was worthless. Why can't a guy who is 7 foot tall and semi-athletic
grap one rebound? They may start him just they don't get an early foul on
Battie....

Battie could have rebounded better against Dallas but still played pretty
well. He didn't have much time against the Spurs. He fronts against
Robinson/Duncan which I am not particularly fond of...

Walker played well against Dallas and have a couple of nice drives on Duncan.
However, he had some familar down spots against both teams with not so
successful 3 point shooting and playing on instinct, not design...

Pierce was unspottable against Dallas and was more human against the
Spurs.....

Palacio doesn't seem to be playing the killer, muscle defense he was playing
last year....

Kenny is under control but doesn't impress on either end of the floor....

Herron is just waiting to be cut. Forte is continueing to make strides as a
backup point guard. I saw a nice degree of court awareness by after being
trapped in the press, he faked the lateral pass, which is the easy pass, and
pass the ball cross court  on the angle to break the press. I think he is
going to make contributions this year as a backup point guard. In garbage
time, he finally started to show some of that pretty shooting ability. If he
can shoot like that, he got something here. I think he had been just rushing
things a bit on his shot....

I am not a great fan of Williams but he did hit a three and a nice turnaround
jumper early on. I think Obie is going to start him so we will see what
happens. Joe Johnson would be the beneficary of any drop in Williams minutes.
He is showing skills(dribbling, rebounding, posting up), but doesn't do
anything in spectacular fashion. We need scoring off the the bench and I
don't know if he can provide it. He will definitely contribute but we need
the finished product. Forte may end up contributing more on this end....

Brown continues to show a different wrinkle, something Celtic fans maybe
never have seen on their team before. He is just raw physical talent. He is a
combination of raw quickness, jumping ability and muscle. He can physically
gain the post position and then either jump over the defender or beat him
with his first step. He then takes it hard to the rack for the jam. I am
sorry but the only person else who is comparible to this is a young MJ. You
have to give this kid time on the court. He just physically whupps up on
people. I think Johnson is going to be a nice player. Forte looks the same.
Both guys look like not all-star material but solid 10 year players. But
Brown has the tools to really be great...

DJessen33