From: owner-celtics@igtc.com [mailto:owner-celtics@igtc.com]On Behalf Of
CeltsSteve@AOL.com
Sent: Friday, October 12, 2001 9:57 PM
To: Celtics@igtc.com
Subject: Re: Hard fought victory. Youth is served.

When I heard all the naysayers react to Forte not ever being able to play
the
PG position after only watching him get all of 4 minutes against Charlotte I
couldn't believe what I was hearing and reading. Tonight he showed that he
is
more than capable of being a backup at that position and Herren's days are
probably (and should be) numbered given the fact of so many other guaranteed
contracts at that position already on the squad. That 15th roster spot
should
go to another big man at the "4" or "5" position. I don't know that Forte is
ready to grab Palacio's minutes just yet but as it relates to Walter and
Williams, I agree that JJ and Kedrick should get their (WM and EW) minutes,
no question about it.

I think Forte should instead get a chunk of KA's minutes and use Kenny
simply
to start the game for a 5 - 6 minute span and then only as needed for the
remainder of the half as dictated by matchups and the foul status on Palacio
and Forte. I'd say give Kenny 12 -15 minutes a night max; Palacio about the
same, and Forte the remainder and slowly let him get more and more
comfortable as he learns the position. Forte is clearly the best rebounder
of
that group and could contribute to the team's success in that critical area
as well.

JJ had a very effortless 13 point night and displayed a post up game as well
as a deep perimeter game.He rebounds well (much better than EW) and his ball
handling is smooth as velvet.

Kedrick looked like he has gotten over his first game jitters and even when
Obie played all three rooks simultaneously they were able give a good
accounting for themselves. I'm with you, JB. Play the kids!

CeltsSteve

Comedian Argus Hamilton says Jordan made his decision to return out of
patriotism. "President Bush asked Americans to start traveling again, and
Michael never takes less than three steps with the ball."