Hard fought victory. Youth is served.

   I really enjoyed this one. I've rarely seen the C's fight so hard and
Dallas did not roll over for them either, although Michael Finley (sp.?) was
not in uniform due to a death in the family.
   It's late and I'm groggy, but I'll try to put down some quick
observations.
   All of the rookies played well, on both sides of the ball. Kedrick scored
9 points very quickly and effortlessly. He skied for a few rebounds and
moved the ball well.
   Joe Forte is a quick learner. His point guard performance was 300% better
than on Wednesday. He created space for himself and found easy shots for his
teammates. I would play him ahead of Palacio right now. Milt just can't do
those point guard things and Forte can, already.
   Joe Johnson played major minutes and scored 13 points. He was on the
floor for the last five, with Antoine, Kenny, Paul and Battie. I would
guess, that here are  our starters.
   Pierce was great. He got a very quiet thirty two. He came out passing and
must have been the game high re-bounder with 14.
   Antoine played as good a second half as I've ever seen him play. Until he
hit a three with 2:30 left to quell a Dallas run, I don't think he took an
outside shot in that frame. On the next possession, someone knocked the ball
loose from a Dallas player and "Toine" dove head first, to grab the ball off
the floor, ahead to two "Mav's." Very impressive. I believe he had a triple
double. 15-10-10. He was constantly in the play, but hardly shot.
   Battie and Vitaly both fought tooth and nail with much taller opponents.
Blount saw very little time.
   We started the game with a very impressive run. We were up 16-6, before
we ran out of gas and coach started subbing. Antoine, Kenny and Paul were
particularly unselfish, finding each other under the basket. Kenny had six
of the sixteen on easy lay-ins.
   We kept a defensive intensity throughout the game, handling several
Dallas runs. Again Coach O'Brien gets high marks, for not letting the team
lose their focus, or momentum.
   I suspect these three rookies will get better each game. With them in the
rotation; Palacio, McCarty and even Eric Williams should be pushed farther
down the bench, which gives us players on the court, at all times, who can
score, pass, rebound and play defense.
   There is great hope in my heart tonight. If they play this hard and
unselfishly throughout the season, they are a lock for the playoffs.

                   JB

Unchain My Heart!

                   JB

Unchain My Heart!