O'Brien

Blocking out, low post defense, transition defense, and turnovers!  The
coach has a knowledge of what it takes to win in the NBA and it starts
with DEFENSE.  I am more impressed with O'Brien after reading the
following article below:

There were phases of that game that really looked ugly,'' said O'Brien,
who dissected the film before practice. ``But the positive side is that
sometimes when you're dealing with the first preseason game, all phases
of
the game look ugly. That wasn't the case here. The truth of the matter
is,
we did well at the things that we've practiced on the most. The halfcourt

defense was much-improved, we did a good job of turning them over (23
Hornets' turnovers), we played low-post defense really well, we didn't
allow them too many opportunities at the basket, and the blocking out was

the best it has been since I've been in Boston. I also thought we pushed
the basketball well for most of the game, though we did not always do it
in
as organized a fashion as I would like to see. I was not happy with our
transition defense, not happy with our screening, (the coaching staff)
across the board was not happy with our habit of driving into traffic and

leaving our feet. We turned the ball over quite a bit as a result of
that.
Obviously that performance showed there's plenty of room and need for
improvement here, but I was pleased with more phases of the game than I
thought I'd be pleased in at this point.''
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.