**************original msg***********
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 13:52:26 -0400
From: Way Of The Ray <wayray@ix.netcom.com>

Always with the negativity, Mr. Berry.  It's not like the Celtics
have missed the playoffs for 10 years, it's only been 7.
There's no need for the Celtics to be like the Knicks and
creatively use their exceptions. No, the Celtics did the right thing
by splitting theirs up to re-sign backup personnel. A team whose
core group of talent isn't good enough to propel them in the
playoffs should concentrate on re-signing bench players,
rather than adding someone who could have an impact.
Ray