Celtics Rookies Go For 4 points

But as Tommy assures us, 2 years down the road, these
rookies are really going to contribute....

Meanwhile back in the realm known as PRESENT REALITY, other
NBA teams really improved themselves this offseason.

However, I will say that Pierce looks better, Walker is slimmer,
but makes the same mistakes he's made for the last five years.

Palacio is shooting better, but Kenny's the same, and other than Herren
when he's rarely healthy, there isn't a point guard on the team that
will even come close to double figures in assists.

Please God, someone take the ball out of Walker's hands:
5 assists/5 turnovers.  Yes, I know Pierce had 9 turnovers,
but at least he didn't shoot .333 from the field ala Toine,
who took his usual 6 three-pointers.

Charlotte really looked dead tired and couldn't hit the side of a barn.
They were missing their best player Mashburn, and played
the execrable Derrick Coleman and Stacey Augmon for a
total of 49 minutes. That should tell you how serious they
took this game.

An aside to Jim O'Brien: There's no excuse to only give
26 minutes of playing time to the rookies. It's the first game
of the PreSeason for Pete's sakes. Unless, they're just not that
good.....
Ray