Re: FW: [Celtics' Stuff ''He's in fantastic physical condition,.. ."

	Mark, as a fan I printed out and read maybe half dozen articles on Chris
Herren from the Globe, Herald and Projo, and here I'm talking about just
the past two days. Call it what you want. I'm reacting to something I
regard as fairly obvious, even if you tell me other fans don't.  I'll just
take the color out of this equation and call him the "great.....hype",
since it has nothing to do with color.

	I think we might agree Chris Herren got a "reasonable" tryout last year
(16+ minutes is a high average for an injured and statistically
inconsistent player). He shot .302 from the field with 2.2 points per game
overall.

	Yes this is purely a basketball decision. He earned another chance. He's a
promising .302FG% (.291 3-point) shooter. Sure there are a lot of
26-year-olds (and younger) out there that have done a lot more in the game
and paid their dues honestly. There are no character issues since he quit
on Bologna or in the past. None.

	In terms of fan support, I don't find any of this condemnable much less
"racist". You've got to believe me, if he were of my heritage I'd probably
be able to recite his stats in the Washington and LA and preseason games
just as easily as you do.

	But here's my point. In this context, if there ever existed such a phrase
as "great yellow hope" I'd refer to it because that's exactly what this
would be. Laugh about it....realize it...call it like it is.  What's the
big deal in that? I enjoy supporting all the Celtics players who deserve it
and so do you. We all do.

Joe

----