RE: New York Police and Fire Benefit Fund

A good idea, but a better one would be if cheap Paul Gaston announced he
was going to match Mark Cuban's $1 Million donation to the victims.
Ray

> ** Original Subject: RE: New York Police and Fire Benefit Fund
> ** Original Sender: celticsmail@bostonceltics.com
> ** Original Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 13:27:49 -0700

> ** Original Message follows...

> Hey Celt,
>

> BOSTON CELTICS ANNOUNCE "GENERATIONS OF CELTICS"
>
> AN ON-LINE AUCTION FOR THE FAMILIES OF
> NEW YORK CITY'S BRAVEST AND FINEST
>
> BOSTON, MA (October 1, 2001) -- The Boston Celtics are proud to announce a once in
a lifetime auction featuring items and personal experiences from the generations of Boston
Celtics family members with the net proceeds
> benefiting The New York Police & Fire Widows' & Children's Benefit Fund. The auction
will begin as the 2001-2002 NBA season gets underway on Tuesday, October 30th and
conclude 16 business days later - one day for each of the Celtics Championships - on
November 20th.

> "The entire Celtics family is deeply saddened by this tragedy," said Celtics Chairman of the
Board Paul Gaston.  "The New York-Boston rivalry is one of the best in all of sports,
however, the events of September 11th have united a nation and the Celtics family is truly
honored to reach out and provide support to the men and women of New York's police and
fire departments."

> The 16-time World Champion Celtics will offer unique items and personal experiences
from Red Auerbach, Bill Russell, Tom Heinsohn, Bob Cousy, K.C. Jones, John Havlicek,
Larry Bird, as well as current Celtics stars Antoine Walker and Paul Pierce to name a few.

> Beginning at 12 noon on October 30th, fans can log onto Celtics.com and bid on items
such as a one of a kind chair from the historic Boston Garden signed by Bill Russell.  Also up
for bid will be the opportunity to play a game of H.O.R.S.E with Paul Pierce prior to a game,
a chance to see the Celtics take on Michael Jordan and the Washington Wizards in Red
Auerbach's
> personal season tickets at midcourt, a signed game jersey by Bird, and a piece of Parquet
in a commemorative gift box signed by Celtics legend Bob Cousy. The entire Celtics family
has pitched in so that the organization can help raise funds for a worthy cause.  Throughout
the 16-day campaign, new and exciting items and experiences will be placed on Celtics.com.

> The New York Police & Fire Widows' & Children's Benefit Fund is a non-profit
organization that assists the families of fallen New York City firefighters and police officers.
The Fund provides money to families at the time of a
> death to assist with immediate expenses. In addition, the benefit fund distributes an annual
check to each of the surviving families. Daniel J. "Rusty" Staub established the fund in 1985.

> ###
> Boston Celtics ticket packages are on sale now!  We have a plan to fit your schedule and
price!  Call (617)523-3030 now or log on to Celtics.com!

http://www.celtics.com

> To receive this email with colored text and active links, just go to
http://nba.mynbanews.com/wwwroot/celtics/validate.cfm and enter your email address.
Change your "Preferred Email Format" from TEXT to HTML!

http://nba.mynbanews.com/wwwroot/celtics/deactivate.cfm?clientid=708&userid=1886643