Re: Coaching

Good point re: 1-4.  I think the Celtics really have to look at themselves
in the mirror re: their drafting strategy verse their coaching style.

The Celtics have drafted 2 players this year that are probably at least a
year away from contributing... but this is under the understanding that
they are a year away with playing time.  But instead of working on our
investments, our coaching staff is turning a blind eye.

In Chicago you have the same problem to a greater degree.  Floyd is not
giving either of Chicago's rookies the chance to get on the court and
perform.  Curry and Chandler are averaging only 25 minutes or so
COMBINED!  Krause has gone out of his way to draft some talent that his
coach refuses to play.  Rumor has it that Brad Miller is on the trading
block, just so Floyd will be forced to play the rooks more if he likes it
or not!

Granted Chicago has only won one game and is a lost cause.  I am not
saying that the Celtics are a lost cause either, but they need to play
these rookes sooner rather then later.  Investments don't pay off unless
you use them.

  Look at the Pacers.  The Pacers needed to transition away from some of
their older players and bring in some legs.  They brought in J. Bender in
99-00 and in his rookie season straight out of HS he averaged 5.4 min a
game and 9.7 his second year.  Harrington got 7.6 his first year, and then
17.1 his second.  This is in 98-99 and 99-00 when the Pacers were still
strong contenders for deep playoff runs.
    We have the same problem.  We have a series of old players with bad
contracts that we need to transition away from.  Yet we refuse to give KB
or Forte playing time despite the fact that Forte comes from a pedigree
college back-ground and KB dominated at a much higher level then HS.
   We can still develope these kids and make a push for the
play-off's!  It is not either/or!

Jason David Jones