Hope for the future provided that certain people realize it

The Cs showed their recommitment to running against the Raptors but the
slowdown old habits couldn't be broken in the 4th quarter.

I watched the Wizards game expecting to lose and I even started to rout for
the Wizards because the Cs play so stupid and deserve to lose. I anticipated
a Kedrick Brown sighting because it was becoming evident that Obie was
getting desperate after first trying to play any veteran available and got
the VCR ready. Obie finally puts on the floor the most athletic team we have,
the team I told you all that needed to be our core in preseason: Palacio,
Brown, Pierce, Walker and Battie with us down 15. What happens? We instantly
make a comeback just like when he did that in an earlier game. The keys here
of course is the athletic ability of Brown and Palacio. Brown gets a block
and also makes a Wizard hit a rafter on a jump shot to avoid another
rejection.  Palacio is a jet on the break and going hard to the hole and
finishing, something Kenny was never able to do. (Earlier, Kenny had the
ultimate embarassment by hitting the farside of the backboard on a wing open
jumper. Man, this guy has turned into a bricklayer.) This guy should be
reduced to backup duty only. Palacio is a better shooter, plays better D and
is better on the break. Why am I the only one who sees this? I think after
tonight even Obie will have to give up this veteran loyalty bit and can't
hold back Palacio no longer.

As to who won this game, it didn't matter. We at least have hope for the
future, providing that Obie sees the writing on the wall. As for Brown and
JJ, sure they are going to screw up. Probably a lot. However, the present
crew was going to lose alot of games anyways with the new rules. I am sick of
watching the Pierce 1 on 5s, the Walker chuck it ups, all the 3 point
shooting. This isn't the long term solution. This is gimmicktry. Develop a
team that can play some physical D to stop scoring on the other end and then
have the athletic ability to get down the court and finish.

I was really encouraged by this game because it shows we have actually have a
chance if we develop the players. I'm not talking about a championship here
because we need inside offense before we can even think about that. But we
could have a decent team with assets to trade if the team develops the core,
the lineup listed above, and with JJ as the perfect 6th man. Forte should be
developed to trade and everyone else is along for the ride....

DJessen33