Re: List Woes

I apologize for any part I had in encouraging flamers to keep right on
posting (like Ryan most recently), being involved in a few flames and
taunts myself, my continued use of possibly offensive player nicknames like
"Osama bin Walker" and "Anthrax Boy", and particularly the occasional
sexism in my posts (Bat Girl, "Gaykers" etc.)

I'm not feeling holier than the worst elements in this community of true
Boston diehard fans. This last weekend of posts actually made me consider
quitting this list, even though I may have played a part in creating a
sub-intelligent and hostile environment. I feel kind of like a Jacobin
after the Frenchie Revolution. If not for the level-headed writing of some
of my favorite IGTC posters, I'd have quit in disgust. I hope JB is right
that this is just a phase and that some of the worst offenders will tone it
down (or crawl back under a rock). And I do hope we have a wider range of
people posting to the list without fear of getting insulted or taunted by
list hogs and opinion bullies.

Anyway, it does feel almost like an NFL week what with the five quiet days
we've had off between games. Walker, Pierce, Kenny, Battie and the rookies
are prepared with full scouting on our next undeniably talented and
balanced foe. They just have to stay focused through the ebbs and flows
tonight, and really go for victory. Let's whup Isiah's team tonight. I'm
sure Larry will be watching from wherever he is.

Joe

****