Re: Blount...

And to think that Blount was the starting center for
the second half of last season, logging good minutes,
and the Celts still went .500
There is no doubt in my mind, from my perspective as
an arm chair quarterback, that Blount is a stiff.  The
guy is at least supposed to be able to block shots,
but in the Wizards game he didn't come remotely close
to blocking anything.
This team needs more bruisers.  Aside from Potapenko
and Antoine, no one else on this team bothers to block
out rebounders.
I couldn't help but notice from the Wizards game that
Antoine is a lot stronger.  He was totally bullying
the admittedly smaller and weaker Wizards, including
Popeye Jones.  In fact, I laughed when Pierce shot an
airball and Antoine got called for a loose ball foul
on the rebound by blatantly throwing a Wizard to the
floor with a simple swipe of the left forearm.
Antoine seems to be stronger now and shows more of a
willingness to play dirty.  Good!  Pierce is no
stranger to physical contact either; Jordan was all
over him.  And Strickland... that guy just plain mugs
people.  Defensively, this team seems stronger, more
fundamental and more physical - all except for Blount.
Find a job, post your resume.
http://careers.yahoo.com