Re: WOW

At 07:33 08/11/01 -0800, Ryan Lee wrote:
>   For the first time in a long time I was actually rooting for Toine
> (...) Because of his shot selection and team play, this has got to be
> Toine's best all around game to date. Hats off to him.  Hopefully he can
> continue this and not do what he does every year which is revert back to
> his usual self after a big game (case in point, the 49 he dropped on
> Webber against the Wizards, or the Portland game last year where he had a
> massive game and went back to doing crap).  BUT keep in mind this was
> against the Wizards who are not a defensive force in the league.  What
> will he do against a tougher
>defense like Charlotte's and New York's or against big time shot blockers
>in Atlanta (Ratliff) and Philly
>(Mutombo).  Only time will tell.

Thanks for that post. Its so balanced, yet shows what a real fan you are. I
underestimated that. I think we do have to stay behind this evolving team,
as flawed as they are. I sometimes feel people get sucked into rooting
against an individual player just to validate a view they hold. That's not
the case in this instance.

The NBA has its share of playoff-calibre teams that are capped to the gills
with flawed, aging or downside veterans. A lot of somewhat boring, deadend
rosters out there. By contrast, the Celtics have two guys not even in their
prime that show signs of hope, plus an emerging ROY candidate. And none of
our star guys are getting multiple drug suspensions like Lamar Odom. Boston
has an exciting, young team for fans. It sounded like the place really was
rocking last night, even if some of the cheers were going to MJ.  Anyway,
nice post Ryan.

***