"Every dog has his day."

   Anyone who has read my posts over the last four years, knows that I am
not a Walker lover, I'm a Celtics lover, full of seasonal hope and this
morning, "hope springs eternal."
   Ravi noted that Antoine had an all-star game last night. It was more than
that, it was an MVP game.
   In the long shadow of Michael Jordan and the much publicized criticisms
of his play by "His Airness" and George Karl, Walker played what might be as
close to a perfect game as we will see from any player this year. You can
look at the stats., they are remarkable, but the action speaks a lot louder
than those numbers. I only saw the first five minutes and all of the second
half, but Heinsohn stated that he only took one three and nailed it. He
spent most of the game, on the block, with his head up, looking to pass out
of the double team. When he wasn't doubled, he took it straight to the
basket. His efforts were truly inspiring. This is the Walker that we and our
coaching staff have dreamed about. If he keeps this up, we will not be like
crumb pickers, longing for that last playoff spot, we will be right in the
thick of the hunt for home court advantage.
   Where was Vitaly Potapenko? He received the first DNP that I can
remember. Blount looked lost, as he often does. Vitaly did not look happy
seated at the end of the bench.
   Joe Johnson started unsure, missed a few shots badly, but settled down
and hit some big ones, as well as filling the lane and registering 10
boards. He is  a major acquisition and will help Pierce immeasurably as the
defenses have to loosen on Paul to deal with JJ.
   Strickland and Palacio hit their shots, played intense defense and each
had 4 assists. Wow.
   Kenny Anderson started out shooting in thin air, obviously O'Brien wanted
to get Kenny involved in the offense as a shooter. His first offensive play
Kenny went right to the hoop for a nice lay up, but was all down hill from
there, until the second half. He must have eaten "Popeye's" spinach or
something, because he played major minutes in the second half, hitting open
jumper after open jumper. Walker must have had half of his assists finding
Kenny on the inside out play. One of the crushing blows to Jordan, who
actually willed his team from 10 down to a tie with four minutes left was a
nice strip by Anderson from Jones. After hitting the ball in the air to
himself, Kenny darted down the center of the court, gliding like an eagle,
he got air born, like I've never seen him, he soared to the hoop, gave the
head and ball fake to Walker running the left wing and layed the ball string
out to the backboard for a soft swish. So nice. He had played big minues and
still had the energy and hops to make a great play. His smile said it all.
He knew that was the dagger, even though Jordan moaned and groaned his way
to the foul line a few more times.
   Pierce was a warrior. Even if he was crowded, pushed and pulled by
Jordan, with no help from the ref's, he played strong, was in Jordan's face
and made a key block, in the last few minutes, on a "Dorian Gray" jumper,
from a tiring Jordan and then went to the floor, beating two wizards, to
regain control, flip a wonderful pass to a streaking Walker, who advanced it
to Joe Johnson for a significant dunk.
   It's a great day to be a Celtics fan.

               JB

Bob, we miss you!