Jordan's thoughts..

> ''Athletically, you [can] have all the talent,'' Jordan said. ''But
> sometimes you have to put the education of the game in your learning
> [process] to where those skills supersede anyone that you play against. The
> thing he's missing is the education of how to play with the athletic skills
> he has and to play with other people and make other players better. I think
> he's improving, but not nearly as fast as he probably could if he just
> sacrificed some of his offensive capabilities for the benefit of other
> players.

Yeah its clear that Jordan is his friend...
But Jordan is saying the correct things about Walker..

He shoots too much, when he should be more of a team player.
Walker is best of rebounding, getting assists and taking advantage of single
coverage or open shots.  I think Pitino tried to reign him in and couldn't do
it though.
So I don't know if any coach can.  He could actually blossom in a trade and
that's why the Celts are so reluctant to trade him.

It's really a no win situation for the Celts...

When Jordan says he has more "talent" then Bird I think he means he has more
athletic ability...as far as running and jumping goes, but he can still make
Bird like
plays...good passes and long outside shots.

I think Bird had more talent though.. I think being able to make good B-ball
decisions
is part of having talent.

Pete