Hello all,

> But whenever someone brings up his
> rebounding and assists, it comes across as a suggestion that, other than
> his
> shooting/shot selection, Toine is a "heady" player who does what it takes
> win. The truth is exactly the opposite. He is playing really, really dumb
> basketball. There's just no other way to put it. You really have to watch
> it
> to understand. Even some of his made shots, I'm screaming "No, no!!" It's
> awful.

Wow..though we differ on Kenny...

I feel exactly the same about way about Walker. Walker is a really strange
case...I don't think people get him. If you have been watching his last
couples games though..its vintage Walker.

Walker can do nearly all the things needed to be a great player, but he
either suffers
from terrible decision making, or has an unbelievable ego.

What compounds his weirdness is that he seems like a nice reasonable guy off
the court. He isn't a Dennis Rodman by any stretch. Its very understandable
why the Celts management is thinking like..if only...he would just play how
he is capable.
Lets hold on longer.  It would be one thing if he was an absolute jerk, as
that would
explain things.

I swear Walker is a unique player in the NBA. No one has bad games like
Walker..
not even Allen Iverson, or Jordan. Walker continually, often inexplicably
makes things hard on himself. Thats right- he makes things hard on himself.
He doesn't make hard plays when he has to, he does it cause he wants to.

Walkeresque plays have been in abundance lately-

Sure he can dribble the ball up the court and hit a layup once in a while.
Hey its
a great play when your ahead of the entire opposing team.

But Walker tries that several times a game with Kenny Anderson open on the
wing,
and several members of the opposition in front of the basket. So he is forced
to throw up some ugly runner type shot that rims short.

Sometimes he will get the ball down low against a bigger who is a better
leaper and
try to shoot so weak garbage over some like Ervin Johnson only to have it
stuffed
back in his face. I mean..no one else in the NBA gets stuffed as often as
Walker.
I swear. They should really keep that statistic.

Other times he will try to go around a smaller quicker player using
his dribbling ability..only to have the ball stolen...

Walker is a good passer..but I swear sometimes I feel that he only passes to
show
off. He will make a tough pass for an assist but will often pass up an easy
swing
to the open man for a jump shot when he is doubled.

Its a bit like Walker is in the Olympic figure skater looking to execute
moves
with a high degree of difficulty rather then win a basketball game. I suppose
this is a bit of a problem with talented players..but Walker takes it to
unheard of degrees.

But other maligned players simply don't have games like his..I am sorry.
Paul's bad games are just games where he is generally off. He is simply
missing
shots that are reasonable, and ones that you might expect him to make. Walker
literally chooses to have bad games. Walker's bad games never sneak up on
you.
You never read the box score and say huh so Walker only shot 1-9...what do
you know...  Other players are physically off...Walker suffers from judgement
lapses for
the most part.

When you watch a Walker game..your like Why? Why? Why?
Why take that heavily contested three with 15 seconds left on the clock when
Palacio was open for a 16ft jumper. Why dribble the ball down the court only
to have it snatched by a guard when you could just toss it off to Kenny or
Erick? Why try
to shoot over the noted shot blocker when you can't hardly get off the
ground?

Walker constantly makes bad decisions..but strangely he can make very good
snap judgements. Walker can hit the hard shot, make the difficult pass, and
position
himself perfectly for the rebound. He has the basketball know how, but lacks
judgement. Its really weird. The closest thing to him is that Jason Williams
guy.

If Walker just had Joe Johnson's judgement <g>...anyway the entire NBA
realizes that he is head case.

Its not just a bunch of Walker haters on this list. I want to like Walker. I
like his style..its different. Reminds me a bit of Sherm Douglas...with its
unconvential moves and flair for the game. But I am not sure you can win a
championship with him on your team.  Championship teams need team play and
solid judgement, not just talent.

Probably the only way to solve the problem is to trade him for less skilled,
but
more convential big man...someone like say Brian Grant. The Celts would have
alot less talent then but probably win more. It pains me to write that cause
Walker
is 100 times more interesting to watch then your prototypical power forward.
His spin move alone is really cool.

If you think I am all wet..all I have to say is watch the game.
Get yourself TIVO and the league pass and watch him. Rewind to his missed
shots
and you will see what I mean.  The guy strives to make his own life
miserable..

Pete