Re: Melon Boy

> I don't think he
> is. Paul M. says it's Obie's plan, but Walker was quoted saying O'Brien
> "let's me play the way I want to play."

And Mark, all this got O'Brien and Celtics last year was a 24-24 record.
Perhaps the best 48 game stretch they've had in the past, what, five, six
years. Something must've worked right. We're 4 games into the schedule! And
concerning Antoine's past. I'll take Antoine's past production under O'Brien
along with a real attempt to actually "build" by aquiring talent, something
the last regime was utterly and totally unable to accomplish. Concerning the
Peter Vecsey quote, I couldn't have said it better myself. Now that we have
a healthy Kenny we can all really look to him to straighten out the offense.
I know you must agree, Mark, since you like Kenny as much as I do. That's
the problem. Let's all depend on a healthy Kenny Anderson for the addition
of point guard skills. Antoine looks like crap. So does Pierce. If I have to
hear Pierce imply that the half court offense is dominated by the play of
him and Antoine again I might actually start believing that all he cares
about is scoring. That he likes it! We have Kenny Anderson in today's paper
who says he isn't thinking about scoring, that what he cares about is
passing and defense! When, speaking of the past, has Kenny ever cared about
passing and defense? And if Pierce wants to concentrate on only scoring and
wants to take 30 shots, you know what, God bless him. Last night Rasheed
Wallace took 15 shots. His coach should get fired immediately. Rasheed is
shooting 35% from the field in their games so far. If I'm his coach I start
lobotomizing one player for every game Rasheed Wallace takes less than 20+
shots. If he's not, they aren't using their frontal lobes anyway. We're four
games into the season. Do I think Antoine's going to shoot better soon?
Probably. Do I think he'll also lead the team in rebounds and assists almost
every night? Do I think that if he plays the way he did post-Pitino that
everything will be all right? If by all right you mean that this team, with
it's well oiled efficient offense thanks to a healthy Kenny Anderson, can
play .500, then it's going to be all right.

Look, I agree, he looks like crap. The seventeen rebounds and team leading
assists aside, he looks like crap. We're four games in! Mother of God.....I
need to take another pill.

Paul M.