Re: Walker stinks.....period.

> From: "Cecil Wright" <cecil@hfx.eastlink.ca>
>
> I think much of it stems from the fact that this franchise has wallowed to
> escape from the lower depths of the league hierarchy which is a spot that
> many of us are not accustomed to, though it has been all too frequent in
> recent years.
>
> That makes Toine an easy target for the wrath of those who perceive
> themselves as real fans.  The fact that the talent he is associated with
> may
> not be up to par makes no difference.  It's what have you done for me
> lately
> that matters.  There are some folks who were begrudging in their praise
> when
> Toine had spectacular games on the west coast last year and when he burned
> the Wiz prior to that.  They don't like him, don't respect him and don't
> want him on this team, pure and simple.

I think you're on to something here.  Walker was designated a team savior,
  and didn't produce -- I think for the obvious reasons.  When he came to
the team, ML Carr virtually trotted him out as the player who would lead
the Boston Celtics back to glory -- single-handedly, mind you.  Played him
at every position.  Gave him free rein.  When the team continued losing,
the backlash from fans was much as you say above.  There are some who have
legitimate concerns about Walker's play, and express them in an
intelligent manner.  Then, there are those who are more enamored of the
"Butch-From-The-Cape" method.  (Gawd, I really miss him, pardon me whilst
I weep uncontrollably.)  It is to be expected, I guess.

I'll say it again: Antoine Walker needs to improve his decision-making
(especially in regards to the timing of shots or plays) and his shot
selection.  There.  I said it.  That's a far cry from being a cancerous
punk who brings down those around him.  Much better examples of that
'round here ...

(The Celtic "Tird")