After last night's game.

After last night's game and a "few" beers since it ended at around 7pm out
here on the west coast - see the bridges come tumbling down - I went to bed
thinking I'd read all these "!happy!" posts when I checked my email in the
morning. Funny how things around here work. I sometimes wonder if I saw the
same game everybody else did. So let's check the newspapers. From the Herald:

"The C's took care of business this time in encouraging fashion, placing four
players in double figures. Even more noteworthy, Pierce had but one point in
the second half, taking two shots. While he sat down with his fourth personal
foul with 4:38 left in the third period, the Celtics managed to build on their
lead. Imagine? "

At the time I thought that it was noteworthy and at the time I thought, "Damn
that Antoine! Why can't he just screw things up so the team can lose!" What?
And from the same article:

``Let me tell you why other guys got shots,'' said O'Brien, aware Walker took
21 shots and Pierce 12. ``Chicago wasn't letting Antoine and Paul run the
plays that we run for them. Because if they would have, they would have gotten
30 shots each. So understand that (getting others involved in the offense) was
not a brilliant coaching move.''

I said to my wife after reading this, "I guess the next thing he'll tell me is
that if a guy goes 6-11 from behind the arc he's going to encourage him to
keep taking threes? That when he says he loves threes he means it. And what's
this about Antoine taking 21 shots and actually thinking that "other guys got
shots?" Does that mean that when Antoine goes 6-11 from behind the arc and he
gets 8 assists that he actually believes Antoine has involved the other
players in the offense? And you know honey, I was thinking during last night's
game that Antoine could've gotten more assists if his teammates had actually
hit some open shots, but I'm just an a-hole. You know sweet heart, I've
thought for a while that Antoine may be doing what his coach wants him to.
That he's actually doing what his coach thinks gives the team the best shot of
winning, but now, after this quote from OB, I'm more convinced that he's
scared of Antoine getting him fired, the way he got Howard David fired - got
that from a reliable source - or of dating his wife, burning down his house
and killing his father-in-law. It's now pretty obvious that he hides the pets
when Antoine comes to his house. He's obviusly lying. And you know Antoine
only cares about scoring." Then she looked at me and said, "But didn't he get
10 rebounds and 8 ass...," but she was just being stupid so I walked away.

I was going to check the boxscores and see how many assists Allan Houston got
last night shooting 6-20; how many assists and rebounds Michael Finley got
shooting 7-20; how many assists Jason Kidd had shooting 5-14; what Eddie
Jones' shooting percentage was last night, how many rebounds and assists Brian
Grant got last night; but screw it! I don't need no stinkin' qualifiers! The
punk sucks and he's going to kill OB and Paul Pierce soon. Can I change my
prediction to 2 wins?

I'll be on suicide watch tonight. I'm here for you guys.

Paul M.