Spike

On the ESPN site, Knicks fan Spike Lee picks two Boston Celtics to his All
Time starting five....He says Bird was the Truth.

Spike Lee:
Bill Russell at center. I know, Kareem, Wilt, now Shaq. Whatever. Like I
said, Bill Russell at center. Magic Johnson at point guard. Michael Jordan
at two guard. Then give me Larry Bird at small forward. In "She's Gotta
Have It" when Jaime said, "Say what you want, the white boy is the best
player in the NBA," I know that Mars says, "The best? The best? He's the
ugliest m'f'er in the NBA!" But even Mars knew Bird was the Truth. He was
just defending the rep of the brothers. Politically, it's just hard to
consider Karl Malone for my five. He's been a great player for a long time,
but some of that stuff Karl has done bothers me too much to put him on my
team. OK, put Doc, Julius Erving, at three, move Bird to strong forward. I
never saw Oscar Robertson play with the Royals, but people who played with
him, they say the Big O was better than anybody; they even pick him over
Michael Jordan. Wish I'd seen him.