Re: Red Alert: Some Really Good Celtics News

I really needed to see that Ray. Thanks for posting it. That soothes a lot
of my concerns.

Chandler is a talent. If you have to wait a couple of years to see him
become the shot-blocking, floor-running, rebounding center this team needs,
then you suck it up and wait. It's still way too early to assume he's going
to slide all the way to 10. Just last week it sounded like the Clippers were
sold on him at 2, and all indications are the Warriors like him as well. I
just can't imagine the Nets drafting White, Gasol or Johnson if Chandler is
there, but I guess it's possible. I guess I just feel like if the worst
thing that happens to the Celts is a young, athletic, talented 7-footer
falls in their laps, then I won't shed any tears. I'm still not sold on
Rodney White or Joe Johnson, two guys I just don't know that much about.
Gasol? Who knows? There are risks attached to all these picks.

I agree that the 11 & 21 for 6 deal is perfect. That way you get your choice
of all those guys, instead of the choice being made for you (as Josh put
it). We'll find out about that one tomorrow, because that's the deadline for
the decision.

Anyway, this was welcome news. Thanks for taking the time to post it for
those of us who only see the online content.

Mark