Re: Ray Allen to Celtics for Walker and Draft picks?

On Tue, 29 May 2001 15:41:25 -0400, "-DAVE-" <dcw@efortress.com> wrote:

>>No kidding.  People talk about Potapenko like he has some type of positive
>>trade value.
>>Here's the scoop on Vitaly.  Take notes.

>>-He's one of the worst centers in the league defensively.
He is not bad, altho not Shaq/Zo class, Pot can handle players of Earvin
Johnson, Matt Geiger, Ewing.
Pot was used wrongly by Pitino, with his chicken outbreak system. Didn't you see
the improvement Pot made under OB? Pot was coming up with offensive rebounds
every game. I fully expect Pot to be solid player next season, as OB seemed to
get them to know their roles better.

>>-His contract is utterly insane,  although I guess he's fair market value
>>for an NBA center
Pot is 33mil/7years (I think). Do you want McLavainne (35mil/7year), Geiger
(65mil/7yr), Big Country (71mil/7yr), Dampier (60mil/7year)?

Pot's contract is reasonable and I think if Pot plays up next season, he will
fetch good value come trading dateline.

>>-We gave up a future all-star to acquire his worthless ass
Even if we had that #8 pick, there's no gaurantee we would have pick Marion or
Miller. Pitino might have gone for "need" and pick size over potential/talent.

>>-He has shown ZERO improvement over his painfully long tenure in Boston
>>-He fouls too often and without good reason
you are right, but I see Pot improving under OB. Actually all our players showed
zero improvement under Pitino. I expect good things to happen next season with
our exisiting core players.

>>-He can't jump to save his life
sometimes, leaping ability is overrated. Barkley/Bird can't jump, yet are good
rebounders. It has got to do with smarts and instints.

>>-He couldn't block a shot to save his life
>>-He has terrible hands and drops the ball constantly

I saw the game vs Knicks (under Pitino) and Pot was doing the chicken outbreak
system, giving help defense and often (unnecessary) doubling of opposing's role
players. No way can he do this AND box out AND block shots.

>>Referring to that impressive list,  I'm sure other GM's salivate at the
>>thought of obtaining him for their club.

I am sure Pot will be worth a #1 pick come next Feb trading dateline.

cheers
kevin