Re: Webber Scenario?

nice post Thomas as you view it from all 3 teams' perspective when doing the
trade.

everybody wants Webber, I'm in the opposite side, here's why:

1)we got quite a few Kings games on tv here this year and what I saw of Webber
didn't make me want to "empty the bank" on him or trade AW/PP for him. Webber is
not a indispensable guy in Sacto or is he the "go-to" guy anymore. He just
doesn't play hard anymore (usually on D) and he is SLOW. (May be people say he
is smooth). I think the playoff loss to the Lakers showed his true self - he
just doesn't compete at the elite level anymore.

2)he is what? 28? 29? If anyone signs him to the max (I think 14mil per x 7
years), what you will have is 2 good years and downhill from there. So you may
have like a Larry Johnson situation. Examples of "matured" players getting the
max like Grant Hill, Penny Hardaway, Jayson Williams - they went down with a
career threathening injury after inking hefty deals. My point is - why throw max
money at such "matured" players, when you know within year 3 of their contract,
they become cap burden (unless you are competing for the championships for those
3 years. )That's why Reily is smart with the 1 year 12mil deal with Hardaway, it
keeps flexibility to the team.

3)When I saw Webber, I thought about Antione. I think we've got a jewel in
Antione, ok a rough diamond in-the-webber-works!!
Really, Antione has all tools neccesaary to play to Webber's level (or even
exceeds it), I think he's just got to get it all together in his head (that was
messed up by Pitino). I think next season under OB should be treated a
continuation of Antione's 3rd season (after his do-it-all first 2 seasons), his
3 seasons under Pitino was really a wash and mind games by Ricky.

4)I think Webber is a fool not to resign with the Kings. What is he thinking?
Kings has been loyal by getting all their important or (strong) role players
tied up long term (I think Kings sign Peja, Bobby Jackson, Pollard long term
becos of Webber) and he is still keeping them waiting?

Whoever signs (with exception of Kings) Webber to the max will probably regret
it in 2-3 years time.

thanks for reading
kevin