Re: Herald: O'Brien down on Randolph, Woods, Haywood

At 21:01 29/05/01 -0700, Josh Ozersky wrote:
>Ray will post the whole article, but I for one am not
>fooled.  O'Brien said that Cook, Forte, and
>Satterfield were more attractive than Randolph, Woods,
>and Haywood.  I don't believe that for a minute.  I
>think it's a smokescreen...

I wonder where Joe Forte might get drafted, if the Celts were out the
picture? Does anyone think he'd last until the 21st pick? I doubt that.

Also did anyone see his game against the Dream Team? I read that he was
unable to get his jump shot off over bigger guys (presumably Gary Payton
and so forth).

Shooting guards are trending smaller these days especially in the East, but
he's built pretty frail that's the main thing. The other thing is maybe he
could be a walk-it-up, spot-up-shooting point guard with Antoine running
the passing game. How good is his handle? His defense?

One thing's for sure, Forte's got a great college resumé. One of the great
scorers in Tarheal's history.

There are a lot of players I'd like the Celtics to look at first though.
Who would you guys put in your list of 15 players they are planning to work
out, whom they haven't seen already.

BTW, did you all catch that "work out warrior" quote from Chris Wallace
saying he doesn't want to get too caught up in the workout performances and
lose sight of the big picture. Gee, I wonder why he'd make a comment like
that? ;-)

I'll believe it when I see it as far as any contribution next year from
poodle-boy goes.

Joe

-------