Re: Did a little draft research.

On Fri, 25 May 2001 12:55:36 GMT, rwmcches@uiuc.edu (Bob McChesney) wrote:

>>I'm with you, Neil. Huge error to reach for a PG. Then we pass up a
>>better prospect, and a few years from now we have to get a new PG if
>>we want to become a good team. There will be better PGs in future
>>drafts, and maybe we can cull one in free agency or through a trade.
>>Be patient.

fully agreed. we must take the best player available, even if it means not
drafting Tinsley when available (at #10 or 11)

I think Kenny/Brown/Palacio (and Herren) is adequate. Till we are out of the
woods (lottery), we should draft BPA.

http://www.nbadraft.net/2002.htm did a 2002 mock and has following PG and their
possible draft positions:

2.Jason Williams 6-2 196 PG Duke So.
3. DaJuan Wagner 6-2 180 PG/SG Memphis HSSr.
10.Frank Williams 6-3 197 PG Illinois So.
11.Brett Nelson 6-3 173 PG Florida So.
12.Maurice Baker 6-1 175 PG Oklahoma St. Jr.
13.Kareem Rush 6-5 190 SG Missouri So.
17.Sani Becirovic 6-5 200 PG/SG Olimpia Ljubljana (Slovenia) 1981
23. Tito Maddox 6-4 190 PG Fresno St. So.
33.Kevin Gaines 6-4 185 PG Houston Fr.
35.Lynn Greer 6-1 170 PG Temple Jr.
45.David Webber 6-2 210 PG Central Michigan Jr.
58.Kevin Braswell 6-2 185 PG Georgetown Jr.

PS.
BTW, I like Kevin Ollie (and Jermain Jones, a real livewire on defense and
boards/) of the sixers. In game 3, Larry Brown should have played Ollie more
instead of Snow who was in a shooting slump, it might have helped.