Re: musings

All very good points by Kestas, Joe and Mark.

I say go with the player who has a history of winning with the ball in his
hands at the end of the game throughout his organized career with our picks.

Let's be clear here though Mark.  Bird could defend those players who were
bigger, faster and could jump higher because he was smarter.

Bird knew their strengths and weaknesses and knew 15 seconds before anyone
else on the court what was going to happen "next".  He rebounded by being in
the right place after faking the B/F/J guy into being out of position.

Walker has/will progress as a player, but will never have Bird's court
sense/awareness.  I don't think you can just learn it.  And all players have
it to varying degrees.  But no one on this current team is on the same page
as Bird was, not that Walker and Pierce arn't very nice players.

<Jim