>  JR
>  Villanova
>
> 11.
>  Brendan Haywood
>  7-0
>  264
>  SR
>  North Carolina

Even though this would represent one of the "worst case scenarios" from
the point of view of many draft watchers (in terms of Bradley's projected
lack of upside compared to the other underclassmen), there is no doubt it
would be the greatest dream come true to Michael Bradley if the Celts
called his name. For fans too, he'll have that local kid Chris Herren
factor going for him, much like the Red Sox with Lou Merloni or Brian
Rose (or Nomo and Ohka in my case).

Bradley grew up in Worcester (those kids have the most authentic Boston
accents around, IMO) and reportedly patterned his game on the Celtics
bigmen. Last year he shot a mind-boggling 69.7FG%. I'm not saying I'm
sold on him at all, but we're talking about a go-to 20ppg scorer with a
70%FG percentage. You never know, this is another kid who could succeed
in the NBA on the right team (as could Troy Murphy and Kirk Hasten).
Guys, tell me the following quotes from TSN that Josh posted don't remind
you a bit of Kevin McHale.

Never have I seen McHale rush a shot...these days it is all about
out-quicking an opponent with pre-programmed pivot moves, but McHale had
a brilliant, martial arts kind of way of using the defenders leverage
against him.  Bradley sounds like a much better passer (who isn't?), but
the monumental difference is his lack of shot blocking and relative lack
of "length". Also he needs to work on his freethrows, but that shouldn't
be a problem.

"He has a poised, back-to-the-basket
game. He takes his time when he gets the
ball. Other guys bull to the basket and go
too fast. He faces up and beats you not
with quickness, but with quick decisions.
He can hit from the baseline and the wing.
When he releases it, you just think the
ball's going in."
- St. Joseph's coach Phil Martelli

"You can't rush him. You can't get him to take a bad shot. If
you lay off him, he'll knock down open shots to 3-pointers.
Around the basket, he has a great feel. He seems to have the
whole repertoire."
-- Rutgers coach Kevin Bannon

"He's a good player, but he was better early on. He's a really
good percentage shooter who doesn't like to take bad shots,
but I don't know if he's aggressive enough. He's most
comfortable in the paint. When I saw him in practice earlier
in the year, he did everything. I thought he could start in the
NBA right then and there."
-- an NBA Western Conference scout

"From the wing to in front of the basket -- that's his world.
 He can hit it from 18 feet and in. For a big man, he's an
 outstanding shooter."
-- another NBA Western Conference scout