Re: Monter's Top Centers

Speaking of Monter. He was prominently around at the Desert Classic last
week. His  seats(Credential area) were right in front of my friends and
I(peon section!). A friend of mine who is a broadcaster on a local
(Phoenix) sports station (KGME)was schmoosing with him and seems to think
quite highly of him. I was introduced to him and he was friendly and seemed
quite knowledgeable about hoops.Mind you this was a brief encounter as I
spoke to him for maybe 10 minutes or so. I bring this up because I have
heard a lot of negative spin about Monter and I must give him a positive
mark both as a person and as for his hoops knowledge. Leo Papile sat in the
same area as last year and was visited by scouts/g.m.'s a plenty. I guess
when you have three # 1's you become Mr.Popularity! He dresses like he is
an extra for the Sopranos! Just F.Y.I. Later.Mike