Re: Ben Pepper & Kwame Brown info

First, didn't see the Ben Pepper stuff Ray. Is there another link?

Now, about Kwame... The selfish fan in me desperately wants this kid to
declare for a couple of reasons- 1. I think he's going to be a great one,
and if the Celts actually get lucky and land in the top three, he'd look
great in green; and 2. if the Celts don't get lucky, he deepens the draft
pool and knocks another good player to Boston. That part of me wants to
scream "Get over yourself and go for the money!"

But the other part of me feels for this kid. It really sounds like he wants
to go to college, but everyone-even his mother-is telling him to go pro.
That part of me knows that college, even if it's just a year or two and
delays a multimillion-dollar payday, can be an incredibly positive
experience for any kid that age. I shudder to think what I would be like
today-not professionally, just personally-if not for the college experience.

I hope for Kwame's sake that he makes his decision, whatever it is, for the
right reasons.

Mark

P.S. Ray, if you're right that Sam Clancy is just 6-7, and it appears from
today's news stories that you are, then consider me sufficiently scared
away. He's a pure power forward, and you just don't see many 6-7 power
forwards in the NBA. The last thing we need is another undersized post
player.