Posting Etiquette

Hi,

Every so often someone pleads for sanity on the part of the posters to
this list and asks if they will (1) trim old messages when replying
(keeping context is okay, of course, but resending a 500 line message to
add "Me too!" at the end is not) and (2) *not* post in HTML.

Those with HTML mail readers might scratch their heads and wonder what the
fuss is about.  I direct you to the latest digest, #104, on the web in its
text form:

http://www.bestweb.net/~drparker/ugly_digest.txt

Believe it or not, this is one of the *better* ones, with only one message
posted in HTML.  But what a message!  The bottom third of the digest looks
like line noise.

If anyone needs help in figuring out how to turn off HTML formatting
please ask.  I'll do my best to find the setting in your mail reader.

Thanks,
Dan