Richard Pond Has Taken Control Of The Celtics

That's what BSG says:

"Boston Globe (3/26) -- I can't believe this was actually presented as
news - Peter May reports in his Sunday NBA column that the "Celtics will
bring in someone new to run the basketball operations." That's the
worst-kept secret in the league - both Leo Papile and Chris "Dead Man
Walking" Wallace are quietly looking for other jobs and financial guru Rich
Pond has seized the franchise conch for now. Since Pond doesn't have a
basketball background, I mean, jeez... you think someone will really be
brought in after the season to run the basketball side of things, Pete?
Really? Can I quote you on this?

(One more thing: to write that Jim O'Brien's job is in jeopardy is just
plain dumb. If they make the playoffs, he's coming back. End of story.) "

I'm not a big fan of Pond.  From his past comments, he's exhibited a similar
type of
cluelessness that is possessed by Gaston . Fortunately as noted by BSG and
others,
the Celtics are bringing in someone to run the basketball operations. But
it's
pretty amazing to think that ML, Pitino, Gaston, and Pond have all called
the shots
for the Celtics. No wonder they've been mired in mediocrity.

- The next guy to run the Celtics should be Larry. Not that it's going to
happen, but it should be.

- I am happy that Wallace and Papile are leaving. You use a lottery pick on
Moiso, you
pay the consequences. They took away the keys from Auerbach after the
Michael
Smith draft, they should have blown up the vehicle after Moiso was selected.

- I don't want Jim O'Brien back either. If the C's make the playoffs, it's
because Isiah has
been such a basket case as a coach. If Isiah was your run of the mill
average NBA coach,
the Pacers would be 5 games up on the Cs and there would be no talk of the
playoffs,
or O'Brien coming back.

- If Zach Randolph comes out, the C's should do everything they can to be in
position to draft him. Griffin, Ming, Randolph, Prince, Jason Williams -
those are
players that could  make a difference. Other players to keep an eye on:

Rashad Philips - This year's Speedy Claxton
Michael Bradley - Middle Class McHale
Ken Johnson - This year's Ratliff
Kwame Brown - Best high-schooler
Drew Gooden - Next great Kansas Player
Troy Murphy - Just have a feeling
Ousmanne Cisse - Go that Bo Outlaw thing going.
Ray