From: kevin from singapore [mailto:bostonceltics17@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, March 26, 2001 2:16 AM
To: bostonceltics@yahoogroups.com; celtics@igtc.com;
Celtic_Pride@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Celtic_Pride] Re: Re: Herren..should he stay or should he go?

On Sun, 25 Mar 2001 18:43:45 -0500, csm <connelly@darc.org> wrote:

>>In article <20010325144122.08296.00000789@ng-co1.aol.com>,
>>kbmartin73@aol.com (KBMartin73) wrote:
>>
>>> This guy deserves a chance...A top tier PG in the draft is a big chance.
This
>>> team needs size and talent first. With all things pointing to this being
>>> CENTER draft I would have to say drafting for position is
>>> pointless...pun-intended
>>
>>He makes the minimum now and he hasn't played enough
>>that he can be expecting more next year, so why not
>>keep him around? The two they should be concentrating
>>on finding some way to get rid of are KA and McCarty.
>>
>>- csm

I think Herren is more or less gone at season's end. my reasoning is this:
- he is not getting even garbage time (not many since many of our games have
been
tight)
- OB (me too) seemed to be more comfortable with Palacio at crunch time ( I
think
and strongly feel that we should keep Palacio beyong this season)
- Herren seemed to be injury prone from his first 2 years in the league (and
feel this is a true indicator of being injury free or injury prone THRU OUT
a NBA
career - see Pervis Ellison, Bryan Stith)
- Roster spots unavailability next season with 3 no.1 picks + 10 contracts
already
for 01/02 , unless there's some movemnet of bodies thru trades this summer

Me thinks that
- Kenny Anderson will be moved this summer (if shawn kemp and juwon howard
can be
moved, I don't see why a KA can't be done. And I really don't believe we
need to
sacrifice 3 no.1s to make KA moveable - fire Wallace is he does that)
- Randy Brown, we'll have to keep, as nobody wants a old and injury prone
guard
- Palacio will be signed the Griffin/Blount kind of money deal, unless some
other
GM throws the 1.2mil exception at Milt, which I don't think celtic brass
would
match.
- Celts is gonna use 1 of the no.1 picks to draft a PG

that leaves Herren gone.
. Randy

http://us.click.yahoo.com/03IJGA/DMUCAA/4ihDAA/waPVlB/TM