Re: Kenny for Coleman

Way Of The Ray wrote:

> Kenny For Coleman?
>
> Rick Bonnell - Charlotte Observer
> http://www.charlotte.com/observer/sports/docs/bonnell0325.htm
>
> Ex-Hornet Kenny Anderson has hinted he'd like to get traded because the
> Celtics don't use him enough (Antoine Walker is Boston's primary
> ball-handler as a "point forward"). The Celtics would happily move
> Anderson, but there aren't a lot of takers for his salary - a total of
> about $17million over two years. I wonder if a Derrick Coleman-Anderson
> swap would work? Anderson would have to accept being Baron Davis' backup
> in Charlotte.

DC, like Kenny, is signed through the '02-'03 season according to Patricia Bender's site.
He is in the third year of a five-year, 40 million dollar deal that pays him 8 million
this season. DC is shooting .387 from the field, with 8.9 points, 5.6 boards and .63
blocks in 21 minutes (37 games). He has a career .448FG% and has only once shot over 50%
from the field (1991-92). He is a good FT shooter (.766) and can also pass out of the
double teams, although lets face it this trade isn't really about getting a salvageable
player. Coleman turns 33 in June (Kenny turns 31 in October) and is a certified
coach-killer. Even if he joined a team like the 1980s Celtics--which had a clear heirarchy
and championship chemistry--I wouldn't necessarily bet on him to get his act together.
That would be the best situation for him to try to turn around his career. Maybe a Utah
Jazz or San Antonio type championship contender, not that they'd want his contract.

---.