McDonald's game, etc.

With all the draft talk lately, thought I'd mention that the McDonald's
All-American Game is Wednesday night on ESPN. Most of the NBA-maybes will be
there... Curry, Diop, Brown, Wagner, Chandler. There's a good chance one of
these guys could be a Celtic next season.

Speaking of the draft, an observation from last night... I like Tayshaun
Prince's game, but he looked like he had money riding on that Kentucky-USC
game last night. A total non-factor. I don't understand how a 6-9 talent
like that can be so invisible. Anyway, sounded some warning bells for me,
because his team really needed him and he was MIA.

One more draft thought... If you're interested and it's available in you
area, watch Illinois-Kansas tonight. Illinois PG Frank Williams figures to
be a guy high on the Celts' list in June, assuming he comes out (he's said
no, but he has a young son and a brother in prison, so I'm guessing the $$$$
changes his mind). Some other potential Celts include Kansas PF/SF Drew
Gooden and center Eric Chenowith, along with Illinois PF/SF Brian Cook.
Should be hordes of NBA scouts at that game.

One thought on the Celts... I'm going to play devil's advocate on last
night's win... great shooting performance by Pierce and long-range shooting
by Toine (6-10 on 3-pointers; the team was 14-30). But it covered some
continuing problems. The Nets, one of the weakest frontcourts in the league,
outrebounded the Celts by 13. They also shot over 47 percent from the floor
and scored 98 points despite 23 turnovers. At this time of year, any win is
a good win, but those are things to watch down the stretch. You can cover
them with a hot shooting night (like last night), but when the shots don't
drop, it's a recipe for disaster.

Mark