Re: Obie did it

At 10:28 AM 3/22/01 -0500, Berry, Mark  S wrote:
>Amen, Kestas, but I'm becoming more and more convinced that the people
>currently running this team have no intention of ever playing Walker at
>small forward. They'd rather do what Pitino did--scramble the defense, press
>full court and double team the post constantly--while also encouraging
>Walker to launch 3-pointers  at the offensive end. I fully expect them to
>use their draft picks on backcourt players and ignore the frontcourt because
>"Antoine will play 40 minutes at power forward and Battie/Blount/Vitaly are
>adequate at center..." That's a recipe for more of the same...

Why did they draft Moiso then? I don't know why you're so sure about this;
do you have any evidence on this thinking? The one thing Pitino repeatedly
brought up before last offseason was the lack of athleticism in the
frontcourt, which he wanted to upgrade. Blount and Moiso were supposedly
steps in that direction, as was the attempted acquisition of Jermaine
O'Neal. I doubt that Wallace considers it "mission accomplished" though. If
anything, Chris Wallace seems to be more "athleticism driven" than Pitino
was, raving about "pro body" Billups and coveting McGrady back in 97, as
well as guys like Keon Clark and Shawn Marion (and Moiso) who are
frontcourt players that can jump out of the gym. If rumors are accurate, he
tried to trade Walker for Ratliff also.

Alex