Re: Obie did it

"David J. Boutte" wrote:

> I didn't see the game, but my one criticism of Obie is just what you
> mentioned. He has a disturbing tendency to take Walker and/or Pierce out of
> the game when the team has the possibility to put the other team away.

I recall how this list applauded an earlier statement by Obie specifically
saying he'd 1) keep either Pierce and Walker on the floor at all times, and 2)
shorten his rotation to always have the best supporting players on the floor.
Weird that he's seemingly backed off that plan.

The only explanation I can think of is that he wanted to try pressing for a
stretch to take the legs out of the opponents (hence the use of McCarty) and
didn't want to burn out his two 40 minute guys. The clear cause and (negative)
effect of Obie Kenobie's substitution pattern might hopefully make him think
twice about doing it again down the stretch. That would be a positive thing.
Veteran teams look at the headless chicken outbreak and roll over laughing,
when they are not blitzing us with open layups and jumpers.

------