RE: Celtics column for bskball.com, RIP Walter Dukes

Good gracious, Josh, did you actually post something that indicates this
team should in any way count on Kenny Anderson next year? Please tell me you
were typing at gunpoint or under the influence of hallucinogenic drugs. Even
you can't be that optimistic.

Kenny is dead. Forget him. He'll be on the roster and may even play some,
but he's nothing more than a cap albatross. The only shot the Celts have is
that someone clearing cap room for 2003 may see Kenny's big contract and
plan far enough ahead to acquire Kenny to fill a cap slot until the deal
expires. And that won't happen until the 2002-2003 trading deadline.

That's probably the single biggest question mark for this team heading into
the offseason... point guard. I still say the frontcourt is a more pressing
need, but the variables at point guard make it awfully interesting. I'm
disappointed this season is going to end and we're going to know absolutely
nothing about Chris Herren. Just when he started to find his shot, O'Brien
buried him at the end of the bench. He may or may not be an answer to one of
the PG roster spots, but shouldn't we try to find out? Anyway, Kenny's
corpse will take up one spot, Randy Brown's slowly decomposing body takes up
another (unless he's traded), and it seems they've chosen Milt over Herren.
Logic says a rookie figures in here somewhere. But remember, rookie point
guards usually struggle. I'd be working toward Bibby if at all possible.

Mark