playoffs?

Not only are we now percentage points ahead of Indiana for the last playoff
spot but we also have a slight advantage in that we are ahead in the win
column. Sports writers often note (correctly) that the important marker for
teams fighting for the top seed is the loss column - because losses are so
infrequent for such teams.

The opposite is true for teams below .500 fighting for the last playoff
spot. The win column is the one to watch because wins come less frequently.
Right now we have the (slight) advantage and Indiana has to play catch-up!

It would be sweet vindication for these guys to finally make the playoffs -
particularly given the tough 2nd-half schedule - even if it means an early
exit. Being the team that would exclude Celt nemesis Isiah Thomas from the
playoffs (thereby putting the exclamation point on his terrible coaching
job) would make it even sweeter. Go team!!