No Subject

If he played small forward guys like Shawn Marion would defintely give him
fits.
A good player can play either position though, and so could Walker. Seeing
we don't have a great power forward he plays that postion.

Its like Jordan...he could play either off guard, point guard or small
forward.
He would do fine at any of those positions.  I don't think its worth worry
about
what position he plays. Switching him to a different postion isnt going to
make
a huge difference. It's the talent, not the position. This isn't chess.

Instead, what's important is the talent around Walker and Pierce.
I think folks are crazy to discount the draft pics. Walker and Pierce weren;t
exactly
picked high. We could easily have two picks that good.  We have pics from the
nuggets and our own...

Both of those picks could be lottery material. For the Celtics it will take a
little
luck to bring em a championship. They can't pay the most to free agents, and
they
don't have the most attractive city to play in. I think holding on to the
picks the right thing to do.

I would like to see them trade up, but if they can't another pick like Pierce
or Walker
would suit them. The Celts should pick the most talented players they
can...and then use trades and free agents to fill needs. Never draft to fill
needs.

As a side note..I wish O'Brien would play Herren a bit.

Pete

--part1_73.bd329d9.27e1b39a_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><BODY BGCOLOR="#ffffff"><FONT  SIZE=2>Hello all,
<BR>
<BR>From what I have seen Walker plays a pretty decent power forward.
<BR>He beats folks off the dribble and can get alot of open shots, but he still
<BR>has the size to defend alot of them.
<BR>
<BR>If he played small forward guys like Shawn Marion would defintely give him
<BR>fits.
<BR>A good player can play either position though, and so could Walker. Seeing
<BR>we don't have a great power forward he plays that postion.
<BR>
<BR>Its like Jordan...he could play either off guard, point guard or small
<BR>forward.
<BR>He would do fine at any of those positions. &nbsp;I don't think its worth worry
<BR>about
<BR>what position he plays. Switching him to a different postion isnt going to
<BR>make
<BR>a huge difference. It's the talent, not the position. This isn't chess.
<BR>
<BR>Instead, what's important is the talent around Walker and Pierce.
<BR>I think folks are crazy to discount the draft pics. Walker and Pierce weren;t
<BR>exactly
<BR>picked high. We could easily have two picks that good. &nbsp;We have pics from the
<BR>nuggets and our own...
<BR>
<BR>Both of those picks could be lottery material. For the Celtics it will take a
<BR>little
<BR>luck to bring em a championship. They can't pay the most to free agents, and
<BR>they
<BR>don't have the most attractive city to play in. I think holding on to the
<BR>picks the right thing to do.
<BR>
<BR>I would like to see them trade up, but if they can't another pick like Pierce
<BR>or Walker
<BR>would suit them. The Celts should pick the most talented players they
<BR>can...and then use trades and free agents to fill needs. Never draft to fill
<BR>needs.
<BR>
<BR>As a side note..I wish O'Brien would play Herren a bit.
<BR>
<BR>Pete
<BR></FONT></HTML>

--part1_73.bd329d9.27e1b39a_boundary--