Re: One more thing...

>Last night was a glaring example of how, even in the best of times, the
>3-point shot causes problems. Great shooting night for Toine and Pierce from
>long range (11 for 22 combined), but the thing the 3-pointer doesn't do,
>when used as a primary weapon, is create opportunities for other players.
>One of the marks of a great player is drawing the double team and finding
>the open man. Neither Toine nor Pierce did that last night. They took quick
>shots--and certainly made more than their share in a great shooting
>performance--but many of those shots were long-range bombs before the Bucks
>had doubled or rotated. It didn't create any openings to be exploited by
>other players.

O'Brien from this morning's Globe:

"The criticism is misdirected because he's playing for somebody who wants
him to take them. He is a tremendous inside-outside weapon for us. We want
him to shoot threes and we call a lot of plays to get him to shoot threes."

I know, I know...if they only had Brian Grant he would've passed out to
Bryant Stith or one of the other backcourt all-stars who can all hit those
open jumpers.

Paul M.