RE: I'm on the Nazr Mohammed bandwagon

At 12:12 29/06/01 -0400, OzerskyJA wrote:
>  As for a point guard, I see where Avery Johnson might
>soon be available...  your top PGs now are all
>top-tier scorers, and we really don't need that, I
>think, with this roster.

Avery Johnson is 36-years-old. He's really showing his age too.

As for Nazr Mohammed, I imagine some listers are going "who"?

To give a little statistical background, here's why Antoine's best friend
in the world is suddenly one of the talks of this year's FA market despite
having played only the last two months of the season.

In Atlanta's last ten games of the season, Nazr seemed to have finally
arrived in the NBA, averaging 17.0 points and 11.6 rebounds on a .528FG%
and a .816FT% (over 5 trips to the line per game).

Is Nazr on his way to a good NBA career? Well he only turns 24 in September.

He's by no means a classic center (6-10, 240ish) and it was only a brief
stretch, but obviously a lot of teams including his current team would like
to sign him. As it stands, Nazr looks to compete for minutes with Theo
Ratliff and also the newly acquired Lorenzen Wright.

Like someone suggested, it is up to Nazr to make some sort of ultimatum
("I'm going to Boston where I can start and reunite with my old coaching
staff"), whereupon Atlanta may feel compelled to cut the best
sign-and-trade with Chris Wallace that they can. Or not...

If he's Boston's target, I'd rather not dangle Vitaly as sign-and-trade
bait. This would make the 6-9 Antoine Walker our heaviest athlete.

Someone, Chris Wallace maybe, noted that Vitaly is something like the 32nd
highest paid center in the NBA. I wonder how much Nazr is going to cost?

Gotta run. Have a nice weekend everyone. I enjoyed exchanging posts with
you guys all week.

***