About this "poor man's Vince Carter" thing...

That's not what Papile said. Papile said he is a Carter-McGrady-type player.
Not a poor-man's Carter. The real deal. Will it take him some time?
Probably, but Papile believes Kedrick Brown is on that level.

Would I have traded up for a stud? Absolutely. But the Celtics identified
Joe Johnson and Kedrick Brown as among the best players in the draft, along
with Kwame Brown and Pau Gasol. I obviously like Curry and Griffin more than
Wallace and Papile do, but they're the ones calling the shots. If they
believe Kedrick and JJ are that good, then they absolutely did the right
thing. You have to trust your evaluation.

The Celtics did better than we could have hoped by standing pat. Let's wait
and see if these guys are as good as Wallace and Papile think they are.

Mark