Pitino in the Booth

Rick Pitino, at least twice this evening:  "I don't know anything."

3.5 years and $20+ million later, he tells us.  Sheesh.

Rick Pitino, on Omar Cook:  "He's a jump shot away from being a lottery
pick."  Too bad Barkley didn't come back with:  "You mean he's the Andrew
DeClerq of point guards?"

As Jerome Moiso might say:  plus ca change, plus c'est le meme chose.

Can't comment on this evening's picks.  I did like the Forte pickup.  I
still think the Cs are going to need a considerable amount of interior
toughness and boarding skills -- zone or no zone -- and they didn't
address that tonight.  Kills me that Loren Woods, Ousmane Cisse and Ken
Johnson and Alvin Jones ALL were available with the 2nd round pick the Cs
would've had if they hadn't made the Sesar trade last year, and of course
there's now ABSOLUTELY nowhere for Sesar to play on this team.

Atlanta needs a point guard.  Wonder if we could see a Kenny for Nazr sign
'n' trade.  That'd be an awfully rich deal to give Mohammed, though.

Michael Gooen