Mark Blount

Got this from yahoo.com sports page.

So, if C's exercise option for him for the next season, would it be a fair
assumption that the 3 picks we have this year, none will be used on a big man,
since we already have him, VP and Battie? Or is Mark Blount a stop gag for
next year's draft where C's have a 7 foot basketball wonder under wraps?

Ritesh
-------------

Celtics exercise option on C Blount for 2001-02 season
June 26, 2001

BOSTON (TICKER) -- The Boston Celtics Tuesday elected to exercise the option
on the contract of center Mark Blount for the 2001-02 season.

Originally signed by the Celtics as an undrafted free agent last August,
Blount recorded a team-high 76 blocked shots in 64 games, including 50
starts.

The 7-foot, 230-pounder finished his rookie year averaging 3.9 points, 3.6
rebounds and 1.19 blocks in 17.2 minutes per game. He also shot 50.5 percent
from the field, second on the team.

The Celtics have three first-round picks -- the 10th, 11th and 21st overall
selections -- in Wednesday's NBA Draft.