Filthy Lucre

Josh Ozersky wrote:

<<I never want to hear about cash again as long as I live.  Cash
has no place whatsoever in any organization's thinking.  Period.>>

I couldn't agree more.  From a Boston sports fan's perspective, the only
thing worse than learning that Gaston/Pond have engineered a deal to raise
cash (as opposed to clearing cap room, which isn't nearly the boon it was
under the old CBA) would be that they're using the cash to finance a
Broadway musical.

Can you say "No, No, Nanette"?

This draft is a golden opportunity for the Cs.  They have a chance to
assemble a foundation that can carry them through the rest of Walker's and
Pierce's careers.  I pray that the ownership isn't stupid enough to pull a
"reverse Cuban" and put short-term cash before long-term player value.

PAUL, DICK -- WE IMPLORE YOU....  LET CHRIS WALLACE DO HIS JOB.

Michael Gooen